Drug & Alcohol Rehab Options Near Austin, TX
Austin has the fourth-highest population in Texas and is one of the Lone Star State’s most thriving cities, thanks to its vibrant nightlife and proximity to the University of Texas at Austin. But like most U.S. cities, Austin has many residents struggling with drug and alcohol abuse.
If you or a loved one has lost control of their substance use, this page provides information on addiction treatment options near Austin, what to consider when choosing a Texas rehab, local substance abuse statistics, and more.
Types of Addiction Treatment Near Austin, TX
For those planning on residing at the facility, there are several options available:
- Often the first step of treatment for those who are drug- or alcohol-dependent.
- Length of detox is typically 5–7 days.
- Patients are supported and supervised by trained medical staff around the clock.
Residential addiction treatment
- Patients live at the facility and receive treatment on a structured daily schedule.
- Optimal for patients with co-occurring mental health disorders or severe addictions.
- Medical and clinical staff are available to assist patients 24/7.
For those who wish to attend treatment at the facility but reside elsewhere, addiction treatment options include:
- Options range from a more intensive partial hospitalization program (PHP) to a less intensive outpatient program (IOP).
- Patients attend therapy and group support sessions on a set schedule.
- Patients are not required to live at the facility.
- Some facilities may also offer addiction treatment services via telehealth.
- Helps patients maintain long-term sobriety and avoid relapses through continued support.
- Aftercare plans may include sober living, where residents live with other recovery-minded individuals and develop healthy habits.
How to Choose a Rehab in Austin, Texas
Choosing a rehab in or near Austin, Texas, can be challenging and overwhelming. Here are some different things to consider during the process:1
- Insurance. Using insurance to pay for rehab can make it more affordable. If you have health insurance, find out which treatment centers in or near Austin accept your specific plan.
- Location. Depending on your needs, you may want a rehab that’s close to home or one that’s farther away.
- Accreditation. Make sure the treatment facility is fully licensed and accredited.
- Treatments and therapies. Quality programs use a variety of evidence-based treatments and therapies, meaning they are scientifically proven to be effective.
- Specialized addiction programs. You may also want to look for a specialized program geared toward your individual needs, such as tracks for specific genders, religions, professions, ethnicities, and more.
- Medication. Depending on the type and severity of your addiction, you may also want to find an Austin rehab that provides certain medications (as needed).
- Family. Family members play an important role in the recovery process. Look for an Austin treatment center that involves patient families in some capacity.
- Aftercare. Continued care and support can help prevent relapse and sustain long-term recovery. Find a facility that will help you create an aftercare plan for when you leave treatment.
Specialized Addiction Treatment Programs Near Austin
In some cases, you may need specialized treatment. Some facilities will offer unique programs designed for specific patient populations and their needs. For example:
Ways to Pay for Addiction Treatment Near Austin
Using health insurance to pay for rehab can significantly reduce your out-of-pocket expenses. If you’re seeking treatment near Austin, it’s essential to check with the facility you choose to verify that they accept your insurance plan.
If they do not or you don’t have insurance, most facilities will work with you to find alternative ways to pay for treatment, including financing with flexible payment options, loans, or credit cards.
Greenhouse Treatment Center is in-network with many local and national insurance providers, including:
You can easily verify insurance coverage now with our confidential insurance verification tool. Just input some very basic insurance information and your email into our secure and you’ll get detailed information about what your plan covers.
How to Get to Greenhouse Treatment Center
Removing yourself from your regular environment and potential triggers can help jumpstart the recovery process. Sometimes this means choosing a treatment center that is a little farther away from home.
Greenhouse Treatment Center is a proven treatment provider in the region. Our inpatient rehab facility in the Dallas metro area offers a full continuum of care and is located just a few hours from Austin.
Are You Struggling With Addiction?
Austin Addiction Statistics
In 2021, over 100,000 Americans died from a drug overdose, making it the deadliest year for drug-related deaths in U.S. history. The fallout from substance use and addiction for Austin and Travis County residents mirrors trends being seen nationwide.2
- In 2021, drug overdoses were the number 1 cause of accidental deaths in Travis County.3
- In 2021, 262 Travis County residents died of drug overdoses, a 27% from the previous year and an 87% increase from 2015.3,4
- From 2020 to 2021, fentanyl-related deaths in Travis County increased by a staggering 237%.3
- In 2022, there were 4,372 charges of driving while intoxicated (DWI) in Travis County, a slight increase from the 4,245 charges filed the previous year.5
- In 2021, state authorities seized 82,756 pounds of marijuana, 6.2 million doses of LSD, and 109,098 doses of synthetic drugs like fentanyl.6
Frequently Asked Questions
- Texas Addiction Treatment Guide
- Northeast Texas Rehab Guide
- Northwest Texas Addiction Treatment
- Using Narcan for Opioid Overdose in Texas
- Addiction Treatment for Texas College Students
- Insurance Covers Addiction Treatment in Dallas-Forth Worth