Is it Safe to go to Rehab During the Pandemic?
The pandemic feels like the never-ending story that we are all forced to be characters in. But we aren’t characters in a story. We’re people in a world facing real challenges. For some, a challenge may come in the form of an addiction to drugs or alcohol. And this disease needs to be treated despite the fact that a pandemic is upon us. With the proper safety measures, those battling a substance misuse can get the treatment they need regardless of COVID-19.
Greenhouse Treatment Centers is a facility that provides both inpatient and outpatient care in a safe environment. And with American Addiction Centers (AAC) as its parent company, Greenhouse is associated with a nationwide leader in addiction treatment. The facility also provides telehealth services, as well as specialized programs such as LGBTQ programs, recovering licensed professionals track, and a veteran’s rehab program.
Treatment and Covid-19 Protocols
Greenhouse Treatment Center aims to offer a safe environment for patients and staff alike. Those who enter treatment still receive the same quality of care that they would’ve received prior to the airborne virus being a global threat. We offer medical detox, intensive outpatient treatment (IO), partial hospitalization program (PHP), standard outpatient, residential treatment (RT), inpatient rehabilitation (IR), and even sober living after treatment is complete.
Our safety protocols include:
- Staff monitoring. Staff who may have been exposed to COVID-19 are asked to isolate for 14 days without symptoms from the point of exposure. Afterwards, they may return to work.
- Screening. Individuals are asked questions about possible exposure, contact with someone who has traveled in areas of concern, or their own travel history.
- Vaccination card. It’s not required for patients to be vaccinated in order to receive treatment. However, they need to present their card once they arrive to the facility if they have been vaccinated.
- COVID-19 testing. We test. 100% confidential. HIPAA compliant. All patients admitted to our facilities are eligible for the test. Those who test positive cannot be admitted into treatment in order to maintain the safety of all of our patients and staff.
- Specialized treatment. Many people have experienced anxiety due to the pandemic. AAC provides trained therapists in the effects of anxiety associated with COVID-19.
- Facility hygiene. Essential personnel (patients and staff) may only enter the facility. Greenhouse is deep cleaned daily, and individuals are asked to wash their hands and to social distance.
Like a good and/or scary story, we can get lost in the events and experience of it all. Perhaps that is something that is happening to many of us within the midst of this pandemic. But we have to remember to take care of ourselves. And for some of us, this may be addressing an addiction to drugs or alcohol. Treatment for addictions shouldn’t wait until after the pandemic ends. Greenhouse Treatment Center and its staff have the capacity to treat individuals, to keep them safe, and help them along their path to long-term sobriety.