Alcohol & Drug Rehab Near San Antonio
San Antonio is the second-largest city in Texas, with famed historical sites like the Alamo and so much more. But like most U.S. cities, San Antonio has many residents struggling with drug and alcohol abuse.
If you or a loved one has lost control of their substance use, this page provides information on addiction treatment options near San Antonio, what to consider when choosing a Texas rehab, local substance abuse statistics, and more.
Addiction Treatment & Rehab Near San Antonio, TX
Our levels of care include:
- Often the first step of treatment for those who are drug- or alcohol-dependent.
- Length of detox is typically 5–7 days.
- Patients are supported by trained medical staff around the clock.
Residential addiction treatment
- Patients live at the facility and receive treatment on a structured daily schedule.
- Optimal for patients with co-occurring mental health disorders or severe addictions.
- Medical and clinical staff are available to assist patients 24/7.
- Options range from a more intensive partial hospitalization program (PHP) to a less intensive outpatient program (IOP).
- Patients attend therapy and group support sessions on a set schedule.
- Patients are not required to live at the facility.
- We also offer addiction treatment services via telehealth.
- Helps patients maintain long-term sobriety and avoid relapses through continued support.
- At Greenhouse, we also have a sober living house, where residents can transition out of more intensive treatment and live with other recovery-minded individuals.
To learn more about our programs and treatment admissions process, call us at today.
Christian Rehab Center Near San Antonio
If you are a Christian seeking rehab centers in San Antonio, you may prefer programs designed to help empower you through a faith-based approach to healing.
For example, some Christians struggling with substance abuse disorders may find it difficult to reconcile their feelings about sin with their addiction and desire for treatment. In this case, it may be more effective and comfortable for the patient if their treatment program is designed around their faith and addresses issues unique to their religious background and ideals.
Greenhouse Treatment Center offers a specialized Christian Recovery Program that utilizes prayer, church services, and scripture to help religious patients recover from addiction.
Veteran Addiction Treatment Program Near San Antonio
Veterans returning from war are much more likely to develop substance use disorders than other groups of people. Research shows that there is a strong link between combat Veterans returning to civilian life and mental health issues, including high rates of depression, stress disorders, and substance use disorders.1–3
Unfortunately, less than half of returning service personnel who need mental health treatment actually seek such treatment, and only slightly half of those who seek treatment actually get adequate care.
Veterans have a place at Greenhouse Treatment Center in our Salute to Recovery program designed specifically with the needs of Veterans and first responders in mind.
Does Health Insurance Cover Drug & Alcohol Rehab in San Antonio?
By law, most health plans must provide coverage for addiction treatment, though the amount of coverage varies from plan to plan. Finding a rehab facility that is in-network with your health insurance plan is an important part of starting drug and alcohol rehab in San Antonio or surrounding cities.
Due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), many residents of San Antonio now have access to affordable healthcare plans that cover drug and alcohol treatment services, including drug counseling and detox. Greenhouse Treatment Center is in-network with many Texas health insurance carriers like:
For more information about using insurance to pay for rehab and other ways to pay for rehab, call our admissons navigators at . Or you can also quickly and securely confirm your coverage with us by filling out this .
Getting to Greenhouse From San Antonio
Removing yourself from your regular environment and potential triggers can help jumpstart the recovery process. Sometimes this means choosing a treatment center that is a little farther away from home.
Greenhouse Treatment Center is a proven treatment provider in the region. Our inpatient rehab facility in the Dallas metro area offers a full continuum of care and is located just a few hours from San Antonio.
Addiction Self-Assessment Quiz
San Antonio Substance Abuse Statistics
Consider the following statistics related to substance abuse in San Antonio and Bexar County:
- In 2020, Bexar County had the fourth-highest number of accidental drug-related deaths in the state of Texas.5
- In 2021, drug overdoses were the number 1 cause of accidental deaths in Bexar County, with a total of 490 fatal overdoses.6
- Alcohol was involved in 39% of fatal car accidents in 2020 in Bexar County.6
- Bexar county has one of the worst rates of meth use in the state of Texas. In 2020, the majority of fatal overdoses in San Antonio involved methamphetamine, and meth-involved deaths have steadily increased since 2017.5,6
- In 2022, there were 5,091 charges of driving while intoxicated (DWI) in Bexar County, a slight increase from the 5,037 charges filed the previous year.7
- In 2021, state authorities seized 82,756 pounds of marijuana, 6.2 million doses of LSD, and 109,098 doses of synthetic drugs like fentanyl.8
- Bexar County rates above the national average for binge drinking rates among adults, yet slightly below the state average. In a 2018 survey, 17% of adults reported binge or heavy drinking compared to the statewide rate of 19%.9
Frequently Asked Questions
- Texas Addiction Treatment Guide
- Northeast Texas Rehab Guide
- Northwest Texas Addiction Treatment
- Using Narcan for Opioid Overdose in Texas
- Addiction Treatment for Texas College Students
- Insurance Covers Addiction Treatment in Dallas-Forth Worth